5.26.2009

Our First Anniversary

We celebrated our one year anniversary with a trip to Washington, D.C. Cory had a some business in Philadelphia for the first two days, so I flew in to Dulles early to hang out with my wonderful AAIA friends. We ate, drank, and were merry!

It was very cool to see how much Bethesda has changed since I moved back to Texas. There were new restaurants and boutiques and, needless to say, I was a little sad we had to come home. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade living so close to family for anything. But, it is fun to think about what life would be like if Cory had moved to Maryland instead. But, as I sit here typing in our lovely home (that is four times the size of my MD apartment) I am reminded that everything happens for a reason, no matter how cliche that sounds.

Back to our trip...The first few days were about relaxing with old friends and checking out all of the restaurants and shopping in Bethesda. The last two days were a whirlwind. We visited our favorite Smithsonian museums and galleries and some we hadn't been to before, including the the National Museum of American History and the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. The latter of which was completely awesome, for me. I think it my obsession with true crime baffles Cory. But, who isn't intrigued by Jeffrey Dahmer? I'll tell you. Cory. He was a good sport though!

I firmly believe that the best vacations revolve entirely around really amazing food. My favorite meal was at the landmark restaurant Ben's Chili Bowl. If you go to D.C., you must visit Ben's! I'm a hot dog kind of girl, and these were THE best. A close second is Marx Cafe in Mount Pleasant... excellent for tapas and vino. I'm salivating.

I'll leave you with a few pictures from our adventures in the District.

On the Mall
The White House
America's Most Wanted set
Key Bridge

No comments: